New brain imaging research published this week shows that, after consuming alcohol, social drinkers had decreased sensitivity in brain regions involved in detecting threats, and increased activity in brain regions involved in reward. The study, in the 30 April issue of The Journal of Neuroscience, is the first human brain imaging study of alcohol's effect on the response of neuronal circuits to threatening stimuli...
- Alcohol increases reaction time and errors during decision makingTue, 19 Oct 2010, 16:36:16 EDT
- Drinking alcohol shrinks critical brain regions in genetically vulnerable miceWed, 15 Feb 2012, 20:34:15 EST
- Risk and reward compete in brainThu, 9 Oct 2008, 13:36:21 EDT
- Discovery may provide new treatments for alcohol dependenceTue, 30 Jun 2009, 10:23:55 EDT
- Site for alcohol's action in the brain discoveredSun, 28 Jun 2009, 13:37:27 EDT