A research team at the Umea Centre for Molecular Medicine (UCMM) in Sweden, led by Professor Leif Carlsson, has managed to specifically establish and isolate the tissue-specific stem cell that produces blood cells (blood stem cell) by using genetically modified embryonic stem cells...
- How embryonic stem cells develop into tissue-specific cells demonstratedMon, 12 May 2008, 12:28:34 EDT
- Umbilical cord blood as a readily available source for off-the-shelf, patient-specific stem cellsThu, 1 Oct 2009, 12:54:11 EDT
- Marking of tissue-specific crucial in embryonic stem cells to ensure proper functionWed, 16 Dec 2009, 9:11:45 EST
- Biologists image birth of blood-forming stem cells in embryoSun, 14 Feb 2010, 13:27:20 EST
- Study finds blood cells can be reprogrammed to act as embryonic stem cellsMon, 20 Apr 2009, 14:28:41 EDT