Transistors are an indispensable building block in electric appliances, where they amplify weak electric currents. Now researchers have developed a new type of transistor that is 50 times more energy efficient than today's models. It is also the first to be developed using nanotechnology. The new transistor is described in the latest issue of Electron Device Letters...
- Redefining electrical current law with the transistor laserWed, 12 May 2010, 16:00:00 EDT
- Pitt-led researchers create super-small transistor, artificial atom powered by single electrons Mon, 18 Apr 2011, 13:32:34 EDT
- Single-atom transistor is 'perfect'Sun, 19 Feb 2012, 19:32:37 EST
- Columbia University researchers use nanoscale transistors to study single-molecule interactionsMon, 24 Jan 2011, 10:10:25 EST
- High-speed signal mixer demonstrates capabilities of transistor laserThu, 19 Mar 2009, 13:55:51 EDT