Friday, March 23, 2012 - 15:30 in Biology & Nature
From miniature elephants to monster mice, and even Hobbit-sized humans, size changes in island animals are well-known to science. Biologists have long believed that large animals evolving on islands...
- Study of islands reveals surprising extinction resultsTue, 26 Aug 2008, 17:36:05 EDT
- Islands top a global list of places to protectMon, 11 May 2009, 17:36:47 EDT
- Species unique to single island should not be rare thereTue, 12 Apr 2011, 10:03:39 EDT
- Shrinking Bylot Island glaciers tell story of climate changeMon, 31 Aug 2009, 12:56:59 EDT
- Humans helped vultures colonize the Canary IslandsSun, 12 Dec 2010, 20:39:13 EST