Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 09:30 in Astronomy & Space
Black holes had been thought to hinder the birth of stars, since their gravitational forces propel a strong flow of material that sweeps away the gas clouds from which stars are made. Now the...
- Newly merged black hole eagerly shreds starsFri, 8 Apr 2011, 12:38:44 EDT
- First compelling evidence for a black hole after recent supernovaWed, 17 Nov 2010, 10:09:51 EST
- Stars forming just beyond black hole's grasp at galactic centerMon, 5 Jan 2009, 12:50:04 EST
- Journey to the limits of spacetimeThu, 21 Feb 2013, 16:34:08 EST
- Verdict: Supermassive black holes not guilty of shutting down star formationThu, 22 Jan 2009, 9:17:38 EST