Thursday, December 1, 2011 - 01:00 in Earth & Climate
As the Arctic warms, greenhouse gases will be released from thawing permafrost faster and at significantly higher levels than previous estimates, according to survey results from 41 international...
- Abrupt permafrost thaw increases climate threatWed, 30 Nov 2011, 17:34:58 EST
- Thawing permafrost likely to boost global warmingMon, 1 Sep 2008, 3:49:46 EDT
- Stream water study detects thawing permafrostWed, 5 May 2010, 15:46:43 EDT
- Permafrost threatened by rapid retreat of Arctic sea ice, NCAR study findsTue, 10 Jun 2008, 12:21:51 EDT
- Bad sign for global warming: Thawing permafrost holds vast carbon poolWed, 3 Sep 2008, 11:09:11 EDT