VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- Although there is no known cause of autism, studies have shown that mutations in several genes are associated with the developmental brain disorder. New research has uncovered two additional genes that may be involved with autism.
- Study adds to evidence that autism has genetic basisSun, 2 May 2010, 1:39:22 EDT
- Risk of autism tied to genes that influence brain cell connectionsTue, 28 Apr 2009, 13:37:46 EDT
- A world first: The discovery of a common genetic cause of autism and epilepsyFri, 8 Apr 2011, 7:31:48 EDT
- Case Western Reserve research finds that the lack of specific gene plays role in autismMon, 9 Feb 2009, 9:22:22 EST
- Study surprise yields new target for assessing genes linked to autismWed, 21 Oct 2009, 19:29:04 EDT