Depression among economically disadvantaged mothers could last well beyond the postpartum period and become a chronic condition, suggests a new study by researchers at Yale School of Medicine. The study also finds that symptoms could improve with brief treatment.
- Beyond postpartum -- treating depression in mothers of older childrenSat, 1 May 2010, 19:55:03 EDT
- Brief treatment can ease depression in mothersSat, 1 May 2010, 2:04:42 EDT
- Study: Omega-3 consumed during pregnancy curbs risk for postpartum depression symptomsTue, 12 Apr 2011, 15:33:32 EDT
- Mothers with postpartum depression with suicidal thoughts and their infant interactionsThu, 3 Sep 2009, 11:44:29 EDT
- Mothers of multiple births at increased odds of postpartum depressionMon, 30 Mar 2009, 0:44:02 EDT