PHILADELPHIA ?- Biologists at the University of Pennsylvania studying the processes of evolution appear to have resolved a longstanding conundrum: How can organisms be robust against the effects of mutations yet simultaneously adaptable when the environment changes?
- Penn biologists explain how organisms can tolerate mutations, yet adapt to environmental changeWed, 20 Jan 2010, 13:27:14 EST
- How evolution learns from past environments to adapt to new environmentsFri, 7 Nov 2008, 4:49:53 EST
- New research presents most extensive pictures ever of an organism's DNA mutation processesMon, 17 Sep 2012, 17:32:28 EDT
- There's a speed limit to the pace of evolution, Penn biologists sayMon, 2 Nov 2009, 14:16:04 EST
- Biologists ID molecular basis of high-altitude adaptation in miceTue, 11 Aug 2009, 9:10:47 EDT