PHILADELPHIA -- Mexican-American adolescents exposed to cigarette smoking scenes in movies are more likely to pick up the habit themselves, and this may be part of the acculturation process associated with smoking initiation, according to new study findings.
- Watching movies featuring characters who smoke negatively influences Mexican-American teensThu, 3 Dec 2009, 2:38:54 EST
- Movies promote smoking among Mexican-American adolescentsThu, 3 Dec 2009, 2:38:44 EST
- Susceptibility predicts smoking risk among Mexican-American youthThu, 3 Dec 2009, 2:38:43 EST
- Mexican-American youths' risk of experimenting with cigarettes depends on susceptibilityThu, 3 Dec 2009, 2:39:01 EST
- Both good/bad movie characters who smoke influence teens to do the sameWed, 1 Jul 2009, 11:42:25 EDT