NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), an unmanned mission to comprehensively map the entire moon, has returned its first data. One of the seven instruments aboard, the Diviner Lunar Radiometer Experiment, is making the first global survey of the temperature of the lunar surface while the spacecraft orbits some 31 miles above the moon.
- Scientists report new insights into the moon's rich geologic complexityThu, 16 Sep 2010, 14:31:54 EDT
- New NASA temperature maps provide 'whole new way of seeing the moon'Thu, 17 Sep 2009, 17:31:57 EDT
- NASA unveils latest results from lunar mission, helps prepare for next stage of scientific discoveryTue, 15 Dec 2009, 19:08:21 EST
- Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's LAMP shedding light on permanently shadowed regions of the moonThu, 17 Sep 2009, 14:05:44 EDT
- NASA Goddard shoots the moon to track lunar spacecraftThu, 24 Sep 2009, 11:58:11 EDT