KINGSTON, R.I. -- September 15, 2009 -- Again and again, 71-year-old Marjorie Brasier walked on the treadmill using an instrumented prosthetic leg, and again and again she tripped or slipped. Sometimes she recovered on her own and kept walking, while at other times the harness she wore was all that kept her from tumbling to the floor.
- URI researcher trips amputees in effort to develop improved prosthetic legsTue, 15 Sep 2009, 15:09:58 EDT
- Amputees can experience prosthetic hand as their ownThu, 11 Dec 2008, 11:58:52 EST
- Why women wiggling in high heels could help improve prosthetic limbs and robotsTue, 8 May 2012, 23:32:45 EDT
- Treadmill exercise improves walking endurance for patients with peripheral arterial diseaseTue, 13 Jan 2009, 17:43:05 EST
- Treadmill training could help tots walkMon, 22 Feb 2010, 18:29:34 EST