The cancer stem cells that drive tumor growth and resist chemotherapies and radiation treatments that kill other cancer cells aren't invincible after all. Researchers reporting online on August 13th in the journal Cell, a Cell Press publication, have discovered the first compound that targets those cancer stem cells directly.
- First compound that specifically kills cancer stem cells foundThu, 13 Aug 2009, 12:39:50 EDT
- Engineered virus targets and kills apparent cancer stem cells in neuroblastomaTue, 20 Jan 2009, 22:35:34 EST
- Radiation treatment transforms breast cancer cells into cancer stem cellsMon, 13 Feb 2012, 23:33:13 EST
- Diabetes drug kills cancer stem cells in combination treatment in miceMon, 14 Sep 2009, 11:50:23 EDT
- Source of cancer stem cells' resistance to radiation discovered at StanfordWed, 4 Feb 2009, 13:37:16 EST