Researchers at UC Santa Barbara have recently demonstrated a breakthrough in the quantum control of photons, the energy quanta of light. This is a significant result in quantum computation, and could eventually have implications in banking, drug design, and other applications.
- UCSB researchers describe breakthrough in the quantum control of lightFri, 29 May 2009, 9:36:40 EDT
- UCSB physicists detect and control quantum states in diamond with lightThu, 14 Oct 2010, 15:15:41 EDT
- Light touch: Controlling the behavior of quantum dotsTue, 19 Aug 2008, 17:56:36 EDT
- International team of scientists says it's high 'NOON' for microwave photonsTue, 15 Feb 2011, 9:32:54 EST
- UCSB physicists make discovery in the quantum realmMon, 4 Mar 2013, 16:03:25 EST