CLEMSON -- Industrial engineers Sandra Garrett of Clemson University and Barrett Caldwell of Purdue University have proposed a new system to warn of an impending pandemic by monitoring signals in human behavior. The system could result in using a simple icon on a television screen to warn of future phases of an outbreak of an illness such as the flu.
- Researchers study the human factor in spread of pandemic illnessTue, 12 May 2009, 12:49:51 EDT
- Pandemic warning system keys on 'human factors'Tue, 12 May 2009, 14:29:22 EDT
- Scientist warns over pandemic flu vaccine 6-month time lagMon, 27 Apr 2009, 17:43:32 EDT
- Optimal flu vaccine priorities developed at Clemson UniversityThu, 20 Aug 2009, 15:37:27 EDT
- 1918 Spanish flu records could hold the key to solving future pandemicsMon, 10 Nov 2008, 10:01:51 EST