There is no consensus among researchers about the frequency of men's sexual thoughts, but every seven seconds seems a little much. Image: 101dalmations/iStockphoto Each time you turn on the television after 10pm, eavesdrop on a group of men at your local pub, or drive past a billboard, you’re likely to encounter some stereotypes about masculinity and men’s sexuality. We’re told that men’s minds are so immersed in thoughts of sex that it can become a full-time preoccupation. Think of James Bond’s sexual exploits, Cola Cola’s “bigger is better” campaign, and the folklore that men think about sex every seven seconds (which would amount to more than 8,000 thoughts about sex a day). Let’s focus, first, on one setting where there are ample opportunities for sexual interactions and discussions about sex: university. According to a recent study from Ohio State University, young men think about sex 19 times per day. They also have other regular,...
- Young people happy with their sexual experiences but many take risksTue, 19 Apr 2011, 10:03:32 EDT
- Discovery of sexual mating in Candida albicans could provide insights into infectionsWed, 30 Jan 2013, 15:34:21 EST
- Why do sexually experienced girls resume sexual activity after abstinence?Mon, 15 Mar 2010, 11:38:20 EDT
- New study highlights sexual behavior, condom use by US individuals ages 14 to 94Mon, 4 Oct 2010, 0:50:35 EDT
- STI, HIV counseling inadequate in male teensWed, 14 Apr 2010, 10:53:25 EDT