Sunday, January 3, 2010 - 08:07 in Earth & Climate
A review of studies has found that planting coastal forest is no use against tsunami – and can even be counterproductive.
- New technology needed to monitor rain forest 'tsunami'Mon, 12 Jan 2009, 14:08:14 EST
- Root of the matter: A new map shows life-saving forests' scarcity defies past estimatesThu, 28 Oct 2010, 13:03:54 EDT
- Report: Tsunami detection improves, but coastal areas still vulnerableFri, 17 Sep 2010, 14:50:23 EDT
- Mathematicians provide new insight into tsunamisWed, 1 Apr 2009, 0:40:29 EDT
- Mangroves among the most carbon-rich forests in the tropicsMon, 4 Apr 2011, 17:10:49 EDT