Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 16:50 in Biology & Nature
(Reuters) - A new species of gecko with black and gold bands like a bumblebee and slender toes termed a "striking surprise" has been discovered deep in the tropical forests of Papua New Guinea, the U.S. Geological survey said.
- Spiders, frogs and gecko among exciting discoveries found in Papua New GuineaWed, 25 Mar 2009, 9:51:23 EDT
- New marine species discovered in Pacific OceanThu, 28 Feb 2013, 20:35:21 EST
- New species of spiders discovered by UBC scientist in Papua New GuineaWed, 25 Mar 2009, 9:29:05 EDT
- New gecko species identified in West African rain forestsTue, 1 Jun 2010, 19:33:49 EDT
- NASA's Aqua Satellite sees tropical potential in system 94PFri, 14 Jan 2011, 10:07:19 EST