Monday, March 26, 2012 - 15:20 in Earth & Climate
(Reuters) - "Titanic" film director James Cameron has completed the world's first solo dive to the deepest-known point on Earth, reaching the bottom of the Pacific Ocean's Mariana Trench southwest of Guam in a specially designed submarine.
- Seismic survey at the Mariana trench will follow water dragged down into the Earth's mantleThu, 22 Mar 2012, 15:36:10 EDT
- Autosub6000 dives to depth of 3.5 milesWed, 28 Oct 2009, 11:25:19 EDT
- Surface features on Titan form like Earth's, but with a frigid twistThu, 6 Aug 2009, 16:26:16 EDT
- Zapping Titan-like atmosphere with UV rays creates life precursorsTue, 29 Jun 2010, 18:08:32 EDT
- Caltech scientists discover fog on TitanFri, 18 Dec 2009, 9:24:23 EST