Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 14:50 in Health & Medicine
LONDON (Reuters) - British scientists have developed genetically modified (GM) chickens that cannot transmit bird flu infections -- a step that in future could reduce the risk of avian flu spreading and causing deadly epidemics in humans.
- GM chickens that don't transmit bird flu developedThu, 13 Jan 2011, 14:40:40 EST
- Oral interferon may prevent and control avian influenza virus infectionFri, 29 Jul 2011, 3:35:19 EDT
- Satellite data reveal why migrating birds have a small window to spread bird fluFri, 3 Sep 2010, 9:29:32 EDT
- Climate change to fuel northern spread of avian malaria, study findsWed, 19 Sep 2012, 20:35:32 EDT
- New research suggests wild birds may play a role in the spread of bird fluThu, 24 Mar 2011, 15:34:40 EDT