It's been said that a picture is worth a thousand words, and at the Agricultural Research Service's Electron and Confocal Microscopy Unit (ECMU) in Beltsville, Maryland, this adage couldn't be more true. Led by unit director Gary Bauchan, the ECMU is tasked with producing high-resolution images that provide a window to the extraordinary world of the unseen.
- New quantum dot technique combines best of optical and electron microscopyWed, 12 Jun 2013, 19:32:55 EDT
- Potential leap forward in electron microscopyTue, 6 Oct 2009, 12:58:39 EDT
- Optical microscope without lenses produces high-resolution 3-D images on a chip Fri, 22 Apr 2011, 10:03:50 EDT
- First high-resolution images of bone, tooth and shell formationThu, 12 Mar 2009, 15:29:29 EDT
- Software for the discovery of new crystal structuresWed, 11 May 2011, 22:31:58 EDT