Many medically minded researchers are in hot pursuit of designs that will allow drug-carrying nanoparticles to navigate tissues and the interiors of cells, but University of Michigan engineers have discovered that these particles have another hurdle to overcome: escaping the bloodstream.
- Achilles heel: Popular drug-carrying nanoparticles get trapped in bloodstreamTue, 5 Feb 2013, 16:36:37 EST
- MIT: Removable 'cloak' for nanoparticles helps them target tumorsTue, 3 May 2011, 13:02:41 EDT
- New disease-fighting nanoparticles look like miniature pastriesTue, 29 Jul 2008, 17:42:12 EDT
- Environmental fate of nanoparticles depends on properties of water carrying themFri, 2 May 2008, 9:28:22 EDT
- Safer nanoparticles spotlight tumors, deliver drugsSun, 22 Feb 2009, 13:29:51 EST