Researchers at the SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics and the EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute have confirmed the long-held belief that studying the genes we share with other animals is useful. The study, published today in the open access journal PLoS Computational Biology, shows how bioinformatics makes it possible to test the fundamental principles on which life science is built.
- We can learn a lot from other species Thu, 17 May 2012, 21:33:31 EDT
- Zooming in on genetic shufflingThu, 10 Jul 2008, 11:23:24 EDT
- Scientists discover new genetic sub-codeFri, 16 Apr 2010, 13:42:11 EDT
- Protein misprediction uncovered by new techniqueWed, 27 Aug 2008, 4:49:37 EDT
- Parasitic wasps' newly sequenced genomes reveal new avenues for pest controlFri, 15 Jan 2010, 10:26:18 EST