The first researchers to use the new high-field superconducting magnet at Diamond Light Source, the UKs national synchrotron facility, are searching for hidden magnetic states. If found, they will provide important confirmation of a theoretical model which could have important applications in magnetic data storage. Diamonds BLADE beamline is providing them with the tools for the search.
- Southampton physicists join search for hidden magnetic statesFri, 24 Aug 2012, 13:35:39 EDT
- Nuclear magnetic resonance with no magnetsWed, 18 May 2011, 13:07:02 EDT
- Magnetic field researchers target 100-tesla goal Sat, 24 Mar 2012, 15:32:26 EDT
- Los Alamos achieves world-record pulsed magnetic fieldTue, 23 Aug 2011, 14:38:13 EDT
- Magnet lab research suggests novel superconductorWed, 28 May 2008, 15:21:37 EDT