Research shows that street furniture, barriers, parks, public spaces and neighbourhood architecture can stir up powerful emotions in local residents. This should be taken into account in programmes designed to reduce tensions and foster community cohesion.
- Urban landscape's power to hurt or healMon, 14 May 2012, 12:34:51 EDT
- Detroit's urban farms could provide a majority of produce for local residentsTue, 16 Nov 2010, 15:42:10 EST
- Consuming street art: Reclaiming public placesMon, 22 Mar 2010, 16:39:07 EDT
- Avatars as communicators of emotionsWed, 9 Jul 2008, 11:35:46 EDT
- Low-tech cool: Shade trees for subtropical streetsWed, 21 Apr 2010, 10:10:54 EDT