(Phys.org) -- Team members of NASA's Mars Science Laboratory mission took a test rover to Dumont Dunes in California's Mojave Desert this week to improve knowledge of the best way to operate a similar rover, Curiosity, currently flying to Mars for an August landing.
- NASA's Mobile Mars Laboratory almost ready for flightFri, 8 Oct 2010, 16:51:44 EDT
- Reliable nuclear device to heat, power Mars Science LabMon, 21 Nov 2011, 17:05:58 EST
- Desert woodrats switch one dietary poison for anotherTue, 7 Apr 2009, 14:22:15 EDT
- Family ties bind desert lizards in social groupsWed, 6 Oct 2010, 12:23:09 EDT
- Penn researchers uncover a mechanism to explain dune field patternsMon, 6 Feb 2012, 21:31:45 EST