MBARI engineer Andy Hamilton looks out his office window in Moss Landing and points at the waves crashing on the beach below. Pretty impressive, arent they? Youd think thered be a way to make use of all that energy. Since 2009, Hamilton has led a team of engineers trying to do just that. Their goal is not to replace the hulking power plant that overlooks Moss Landing Harbor, but to provide a more generous supply of electricity for oceanographic instruments in Monterey Bay.
- Moss helps chart the conquest of land by plantsThu, 4 Feb 2010, 13:32:51 EST
- Marine energy doubled by predicting wave powerWed, 27 Jun 2012, 11:06:49 EDT
- Europa does the wave to generate heatFri, 12 Dec 2008, 9:08:41 EST
- Predicting wave power could double marine-based energyMon, 10 Sep 2012, 16:04:25 EDT
- Self-defense strategies of mossThu, 10 Jun 2010, 11:17:44 EDT