Using tiny solar-panel-like cells surgically placed underneath the retina, scientists at the Stanford University School of Medicine have devised a system that may someday restore sight to people who have lost vision because of certain types of degenerative eye diseases.
- New type of retinal prosthesis could better restore sight to blind, Stanford study saysMon, 14 May 2012, 17:33:29 EDT
- MIT retinal implant could help restore some visionWed, 23 Sep 2009, 17:25:59 EDT
- ONR researchers look to the future for defeating blindnessWed, 4 Aug 2010, 13:17:55 EDT
- Experimental treatments restore partial vision to blind peopleTue, 20 Oct 2009, 15:44:58 EDT
- Stem cells restore sight in mouse model of retinitis pigmentosaWed, 24 Feb 2010, 13:59:12 EST