(Phys.org) -- The discovery of two new molecules and a detailed analysis of various phases of star formation this is what the observatory SOFIA can report after completing its first series of science flights. The scientific results are now being published in a special issue of the European Journal Astronomy & Astrophysics. The GREAT instrument has been developed by a consortium of German research institutes led by Rolf Güsten from the Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy.
- Herschel: The first science highlightsFri, 16 Jul 2010, 4:37:03 EDT
- Turbulence may promote the birth of massive starsMon, 23 Feb 2009, 17:11:57 EST
- Chang'E-1 has blazed a new trail in China's deep space explorationTue, 1 Dec 2009, 0:50:03 EST
- The cosmos is green: Researchers catch nature in the act of 'recycling' a starThu, 21 May 2009, 14:29:28 EDT
- A&A special feature: Science with AKARIMon, 3 May 2010, 14:07:41 EDT