(Phys.org) -- In England it is known as the "Plough," in Germany the "Great Cart," and in Malaysia the "Seven Ploughs." Since humanity first turned its eyes skyward, the seven northern hemisphere stars that compose the "Big Dipper" have been a welcome and familiar introduction to the heavens.
- A faint star orbiting the Big Dipper's Alcor discoveredWed, 9 Dec 2009, 21:42:38 EST
- Born from the wind -- unique multi-wavelength portrait of star birthWed, 8 Oct 2008, 9:50:25 EDT
- Warming of planet will affect storms differently in Northern and Southern hemispheresMon, 25 Oct 2010, 15:52:01 EDT
- First national study to examine golf cart-related injuriesTue, 10 Jun 2008, 16:07:59 EDT
- Dark side of a Saturnian moon: Iapetus is coated with foreign dustThu, 10 Dec 2009, 17:42:30 EST