The global controversy surrounding the treatment of assembly-line workers who manufacture iPhones and iPads - and just about every other consumer device - is triggering an unprecedented effort by Apple Inc. and its chief supplier, Foxconn, to lift the veil of secrecy that normally surrounds their operations in China and highlight how they have improved conditions for those employees.
- Experts call to end secrecy surrounding approval of new drugsTue, 30 Mar 2010, 19:43:35 EDT
- Increasing BPA levels in urine associated with worsening male sexual functionThu, 27 May 2010, 9:35:41 EDT
- UCSF heart doctors uncover significant bias in TASER safety studies Mon, 9 May 2011, 9:33:01 EDT
- Consumers choose locally grown and environmentally friendly applesMon, 23 Nov 2009, 15:24:12 EST
- Measurements of CO2 and CO in China's air indicate sharply improved combustion efficiencyFri, 8 Oct 2010, 11:34:27 EDT