Wednesday, May 9, 2012 - 12:01 in Paleontology & Archaeology
A team of Spanish scientists have found a new ursid fossil species in the area of Nombrevilla in Zaragoza, Spain. Agriarctos beatrix was a small plantigrade omnivore and was genetically related to giant pandas, according to the authors of the study.
- Most panda habitat is outside nature reserves according to joint MSU-Chinese researchWed, 28 Jul 2010, 10:29:33 EDT
- For pandas, there is a mountain high enough, there is a valley low enoughThu, 22 Jul 2010, 19:23:02 EDT
- Reproductive seasonality observed in male giant pandasWed, 4 Apr 2012, 18:34:10 EDT
- Sequencing, annotation and comparative analysis of nine BACs of giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca)Wed, 10 Mar 2010, 10:59:25 EST
- A new fossil species found in SpainThu, 25 Mar 2010, 10:49:06 EDT