Sunday, May 6, 2012 - 13:30 in Earth & Climate
(AP) -- Crab fisherman Mark Anello noticed something odd near his boat off the Northern California coast: three buoys floating nearby were moving. Motoring closer he saw a gray whale tangled in a large fishing line.
- Dwarf whale survived well into Ice AgeThu, 4 Apr 2013, 14:05:36 EDT
- Gray whales likely survived the Ice Ages by changing their dietsWed, 6 Jul 2011, 23:35:28 EDT
- Too few salmon is far worse than too many boats for killer whalesWed, 6 Jun 2012, 22:33:01 EDT
- NOAA researchers: Blue whales re-establishing former migration patternsMon, 11 May 2009, 14:15:17 EDT
- Prey-tell: Why right whales linger in the Gulf of MaineTue, 26 Apr 2011, 14:03:17 EDT