From the highest peak in the continental United States, Mt. Whitney at 14,000 feet in elevation, to the 10,000-foot-peaks near Lake Tahoe, scientific evidence from the University of Nevada, Reno shows the entire Sierra Nevada mountain range is rising at the relatively fast rate of 1 to 2 millimeters every year.
- University of Nevada, Reno scientists confirm Sierra Nevada 200-year megadroughtsFri, 1 Jun 2012, 14:34:32 EDT
- Go west, young lionTue, 9 Oct 2012, 10:37:24 EDT
- LiDAR technology reveals faults near Lake TahoeThu, 24 May 2012, 13:25:26 EDT
- University of Nevada, Reno tests cutting-edge technology for underwater mapping at Tahoe basinFri, 30 Jul 2010, 11:00:12 EDT
- Climate change effects on imperiled Sierra frog examinedThu, 11 Dec 2008, 11:57:36 EST