Thursday, May 3, 2012 - 14:00 in Earth & Climate
(AP) -- The La Nina weather phenomenon is over. Forecasters say that's good news for the drought in the South and hurricane areas along the coasts.
- Global warming may dent El Niño's protective shield from Atlantic hurricanes, increase droughtsWed, 23 Sep 2009, 13:44:59 EDT
- Harbingers of increased Atlantic hurricane activity identifiedWed, 12 Aug 2009, 13:36:29 EDT
- La Ninas distant effects in East AfricaThu, 4 Aug 2011, 15:35:56 EDT
- Ocean conditions likely to reduce Colorado River flows during this winter's droughtFri, 1 Oct 2010, 13:17:24 EDT
- US sets drought monitor's 'exceptional drought' record in JulyMon, 1 Aug 2011, 12:36:08 EDT