Imec, in collaboration with Panasonic, has developed a prototype of a 60GHz radio transceiver allowing to reach data rates of 7Gbps over short distances at very low power consumption. The chip achieves this performance over the 4 channels specified by the IEEE802.11ad standard. Imecs low-power 60GHz solution is an important step towards adoption of 60GHz technology in low-cost battery-operated consumer products such as smart phones and tablets.
- NTU and SIMTech announce the first antenna-in-package solution for single-chip 60 GHz radioTue, 21 Oct 2008, 12:49:57 EDT
- Boston University partners in NSF challenge to create wireless network using visible lightMon, 6 Oct 2008, 14:22:30 EDT
- Short, on-chip light pulses will enable ultrafast data transfer within computersWed, 24 Nov 2010, 15:04:18 EST
- Error message! How mobile phones distort measurementsWed, 17 Sep 2008, 9:36:02 EDT
- New MIT radio chip mimics human earWed, 3 Jun 2009, 12:22:59 EDT