Tuesday, May 1, 2012 - 05:30 in Biology & Nature
(Phys.org) -- Parasites may increase inequality among baby birds in a brood by making it even harder for smaller, weaker chicks to compete against their bigger brothers and sisters, researchers have discovered.
- Escaping parasites and pathogensMon, 5 Mar 2012, 23:31:49 EST
- Parasitic worms make sex worthwhileThu, 23 Jul 2009, 12:42:44 EDT
- Birds' strategic mobbing fends off parasitic invadersThu, 29 Jan 2009, 13:57:40 EST
- Researchers discover biochemical weakness of malaria parasite -- vaccine to be developedTue, 7 Jun 2011, 12:38:38 EDT
- Study finds potential climate change side effect: More parasites on South American birdsTue, 28 Sep 2010, 13:57:17 EDT