(Phys.org) -- Synthetic biology is playing a key role in creating new tools for rapid detection of potentially fatal bacterial infections such as E. coli and allowing scientists to create novel molecules that may provide new antibiotics to tackle the problems of multiply-resistant strains.
- Misuse of common antibiotic is creating resistant TBMon, 10 Aug 2009, 11:44:16 EDT
- New rapid test tells difference between bacterial and viral infectionsThu, 30 Jun 2011, 4:35:55 EDT
- Researchers develop rapid test strips for bacterial contamination in swimming waterMon, 30 Apr 2012, 15:35:23 EDT
- Superbugs may have a soft spot, after allTue, 26 Feb 2013, 11:31:16 EST
- Rainforest plant combats multi-resistant bacterial strains Mon, 20 Feb 2012, 13:33:50 EST