New York University biologists have discovered new mechanisms that control how proteins are expressed in different regions of embryos, while also shedding additional insight into how physical traits are arranged in body plans. Their findings, which appear in the journal Cell, call for reconsideration of a decades-old biological theory.
- Long-held genetic theory doesn't quite make the grade, NYU biologists find Thu, 26 Apr 2012, 21:13:47 EDT
- U-M discovery about biological clocks overturns long-held theoryThu, 8 Oct 2009, 14:28:04 EDT
- University of Iowa, NYU biologists describe key mechanism in early embryo developmentFri, 21 Oct 2011, 4:36:17 EDT
- NYU biologists identify genes that prevent changes in physical traits due to environmental changesTue, 4 Nov 2008, 8:50:15 EST
- Biologists uncover regulatory mechanism for gene expression in the visual systemThu, 9 Jun 2011, 22:35:25 EDT