The first-known camera trap photos of an Amur leopard in China have recently been taken by protected area staff in Hunchun Amur Tiger National Nature Reserve in Jilin Province according to the Wildlife Conservation Society. Coupled with Jilin Province's recent announcement of a survey estimating 8-11 leopards across that northern province, the photographs suggest that leopards may be returning to China.
- First camera trap photos of rare leopard in ChinaWed, 25 Apr 2012, 16:34:54 EDT
- Leopard in dramatic photo traced to 2004 camera trapThu, 19 Jul 2012, 13:06:56 EDT
- WCS confirms the return of the Persian leopard In Afghanistan's central highlandsMon, 5 Dec 2011, 22:39:32 EST
- Why the leopard got its spotsTue, 19 Oct 2010, 22:01:20 EDT
- Snow leopard population discovered in AfghanistanWed, 13 Jul 2011, 13:38:14 EDT