(Phys.org) -- A bright ball of light traveling east to west was seen over the skies of central/northern California Sunday morning, April 22. The former space rock-turned-flaming-meteor entered Earth's atmosphere around 8 a.m. PDT. Reports of the fireball have come in from as far north as Sacramento, Calif. and as far east as North Las Vegas, Nev.
- University of Western Ontario cameras capture 'fireball'Fri, 24 Oct 2008, 17:14:34 EDT
- Meteorite from Sept. 25 fireball event recovered and presentedFri, 16 Oct 2009, 14:51:12 EDT
- Go west, young lionTue, 9 Oct 2012, 10:37:24 EDT
- Meteorite triggered scientific gold rushThu, 20 Dec 2012, 20:02:28 EST
- Meteorite search updateTue, 25 Nov 2008, 14:01:03 EST