Algorithmic incentives: New twist on 30 year-old work could lead to better ways of structuring contracts
In 1993, MIT cryptography researchers Shafi Goldwasser and Silvio Micali shared in the first Gödel Prize for theoretical computer science for their work on interactive proofs a type of mathematical game in which a player attempts to extract reliable information from an unreliable interlocutor.
- MIT News Release: 10-year-old problem in theoretical computer science fallsMon, 30 Jul 2012, 15:05:27 EDT
- Disentangling information from photonsThu, 12 Jul 2012, 15:07:48 EDT
- Proof by computerThu, 6 Nov 2008, 14:36:07 EST
- New algorithm to improve video game qualityThu, 18 Feb 2010, 13:52:37 EST
- Quantum computers will be able to simulate particle collisionsFri, 1 Jun 2012, 14:34:07 EDT