Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 02:01 in Biology & Nature
(AP) -- Boats and helicopters scoured the Southern California waters Wednesday for a 40-foot gray whale that became tangled in fishing line while migrating the wrong way.
- Gray whales likely survived the Ice Ages by changing their dietsWed, 6 Jul 2011, 23:35:28 EDT
- NOAA researchers: Blue whales re-establishing former migration patternsMon, 11 May 2009, 14:15:17 EDT
- Too few salmon is far worse than too many boats for killer whalesWed, 6 Jun 2012, 22:33:01 EDT
- Prey-tell: Why right whales linger in the Gulf of MaineTue, 26 Apr 2011, 14:03:17 EDT
- New study analyzes the risk to endangered whales from ships in southern CaliforniaMon, 25 Mar 2013, 22:02:10 EDT