Harnessing the energy of sunlight can be as simple as tuning the optical and electronic properties of metal oxides at the atomic level by making an artificial crystal or super-lattice 'sandwich' says a Binghamton University researcher in a new study published in the journal Physical Review B.
- Metal oxides hold the key to cheap, green energyThu, 19 Apr 2012, 12:40:00 EDT
- Elusive metal discoveredWed, 22 Aug 2012, 16:36:21 EDT
- New reactor paves the way for efficiently producing fuel from sunlightWed, 19 Jan 2011, 10:02:08 EST
- Nano-sandwich triggers novel electron behaviorTue, 5 May 2009, 9:44:08 EDT
- Metal oxide simulations could help green technologyTue, 10 Jan 2012, 21:32:24 EST