Like snow sliding off a roof on a sunny day, the Greenland Ice Sheet may be sliding faster into the ocean due to massive releases of meltwater from surface lakes, according to a new study by the University of Colorado Boulder-based Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences.
- CU-Boulder study shows Greenland may be slip-sliding away due to surface lake meltMon, 16 Apr 2012, 16:34:34 EDT
- Greenland ice cap melting faster than everThu, 12 Nov 2009, 14:47:21 EST
- Freshwater runoff from the Greenland Ice Sheet will more than double by the end of the centuryThu, 12 Jun 2008, 10:36:20 EDT
- Study: Greenland ice sheet larger contributor to sea-level riseFri, 12 Jun 2009, 13:52:26 EDT
- Melting of the Greenland ice sheet mappedWed, 16 Sep 2009, 14:25:14 EDT