(Phys.org) -- Despite being promoted as a viable alternative to traditional public schools, privately owned charter schools in Texas have higher attrition rates for black students than comparable urban public schools, says a University of Texas at Austin study.
- Public schools as good as private schools in raising math scores, study saysFri, 23 May 2008, 14:14:39 EDT
- Middle school youth as young as 12 engaging in risky sexual activityWed, 8 Apr 2009, 13:24:51 EDT
- India's public school students on par with private studentsThu, 11 Oct 2012, 13:39:04 EDT
- UT multimedia program increases middle school interest in scienceThu, 2 Jul 2009, 11:52:24 EDT
- NYC public school students have high levels of access to convenience stores with unhealthy foodWed, 22 Sep 2010, 12:25:13 EDT