(Phys.org) -- This week the team from Google Maps launched its Floor Plan Marker for Android in a bid to improve the accuracy if its indoor maps. Inside and outside Google, developers have seen real opportunity in introducing indoor location apps; Google made its mark on indoor maps with a November 2011 launch of indoor maps for Android. In doing so, Google wanted the public to know that this step was only the beginning. The indoor maps for Android were being made available at malls, airports, and some super-sized retailers -- but Google said the application could ideally expand to many more venues. Well continually add new indoor maps to public buildings across the world, said Google. The November launch was confined to venue partnerships in the U.S. and Japan.
- Common plants can eliminate indoor air pollutantsWed, 4 Nov 2009, 16:10:21 EST
- New tool debuts for measuring indoor air pollutantsWed, 16 Mar 2011, 15:04:13 EDT
- Houseplants cut indoor ozoneTue, 8 Sep 2009, 10:57:00 EDT
- About one-fifth of women, less than 7 percent of men report use of indoor tanningMon, 20 Dec 2010, 17:03:20 EST
- Coal used for indoor heating is associated with shorter stature in very young childrenMon, 7 Feb 2011, 17:32:47 EST