The decline of Caribbean coral reefs has been linked to the recent effects of human-induced climate change. However, new research led by scientists at Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego suggests an even earlier cause. The bad news humans are still to blame. The good news relatively simple policy changes can hinder further coral reef decline.
- Ancient corals provide insight on the future of Caribbean reefsThu, 7 Apr 2011, 14:03:53 EDT
- Distressed damsels stress coral reefsWed, 26 May 2010, 19:22:37 EDT
- Decline and recovery of coral reefs linked to 700 years of human and environmental activityMon, 3 Oct 2011, 23:35:59 EDT
- Distressed damsels stress coral reefsWed, 26 May 2010, 19:22:35 EDT
- Extinction predictor 'will help protect coral reefs'Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 10:02:30 EST