Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 07:31 in Earth & Climate
(PhysOrg.com) -- Satellite are seeing changes in land surfaces in high detail at northern latitudes, indicating thawing permafrost. This releases greenhouse gases into parts of the Arctic, exacerbating the effects of climate change.
- Abrupt permafrost thaw increases climate threatWed, 30 Nov 2011, 17:34:58 EST
- Bad sign for global warming: Thawing permafrost holds vast carbon poolWed, 3 Sep 2008, 11:09:11 EDT
- Stream water study detects thawing permafrostWed, 5 May 2010, 15:46:43 EDT
- Thawing permafrost likely to boost global warmingMon, 1 Sep 2008, 3:49:46 EDT
- Northern Canada feels the heat – Climate change impact on permafrost zonesWed, 25 Apr 2012, 1:37:15 EDT