Flowers such as sunflowers and gerberas are made up of two types of smaller flowers: ray and disk flowers. Dutch researcher Anneke Rijpkema has discovered the genes responsible for the distribution between these two types. This research result sheds light on the evolution of this type of flower and could possibly be used in agriculture.
- High-speed video and artificial flowers shed light on mysteries of hummingbird-pollinated flowersTue, 20 Nov 2012, 21:32:39 EST
- UK geneticists shed light on flowering plantsTue, 29 Jun 2010, 18:29:26 EDT
- Scientists discover 'switch' in plants to create flowersWed, 18 Apr 2012, 0:34:13 EDT
- Frequent flower buyers seek product varietyThu, 5 Nov 2009, 6:54:42 EST
- Gardener's delight offers glimpse into the evolution of flowering plantsTue, 4 Sep 2012, 15:35:43 EDT